top of page
Car Rims


Next to your home, your motor vehicle is often your next biggest asset. It makes sense to have it insured.

There are 4 types of motor vehicle insurance:

  • Compulsory Third Party (CTP) – this is required by law, before you can register your vehicle. There is a government mandated cover that all CTP insurers must provide. Some insurers will add additional benefits such as “at fault injury cover”.

  • Third Party Property Damage (TPPD) – this is a budget insurance cover, normally for lower value vehicles. It covers damage to third party property. You must pay for the cost of your own repairs if you are at fault. If you aren’t at fault, you may be able to claim the cost of your repairs from the third party’s insurance company. Liability cover is included with this insurance.

  • Third Party, Fire & Theft (TPFT) – As the name suggests, the cover is the same as TPPD, with a pre-determined amount insured for your vehicle in the event of a theft or a fire causing your vehicle to become a total loss. This cover is not available for high value vehicles. Liability cover is included in this insurance.

  • Comprehensive – This insurance provides cover for damage to both your vehicle and third party vehicles (when you are at fault). Benefits and options under this type of policy may include: 

          - Car hire following an at-fault accident

          - Excess free windscreen claims

          - No claim bonus protection

          - Restricted/nominated drivers to reduce premiums

          - Restricted KM to reduce premiums

Whether you have an irreplaceable collector's car or an everyday A to B, we can help get it covered.

bottom of page