top of page


Business owners in the motor trades industry have slightly different needs to other owners. They have to test drive their customer’s vehicles and are responsible for these vehicles even when they are left overnight. The insurance industry recognises this and many insurers offer a Motor Trades package that can be tailored (similar to a business pack) to suit your needs.

Apart from the usual covers offered under a business pack, a good motor trades policy should also provide cover for:

  • theft of customer’s vehicles

  • driving risk liability

  • professional indemnity cover for advice provided with relation to vehicle inspections (rego checks and roadworthy certificates)

  • rectification of defects costs in the event of faulty workmanship

bottom of page